We love tater tots, but we also wanted a tot that was a bit healthier than the fried ones that are out there. We played with some recipes until we found one that tastes great. Add in the magic that is cauliflower and we took it to another level.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, fresh is best
- 1/4 cup minced chives or parsley
- 1 teaspoon Rubarama No. 4
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silpat or lightly spray/coat with olive oil.
- Steam cauliflower for 3-5 minutes until soft, drain, and rough blend in the food processor.
- Press extra moisture from cauliflower by placing it in a tea towel or cheesecloth and wringing it out.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using 1 tablespoon of mixture, roll into the shape of tots.
- Place each tot on the baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking.
Pair with our Rubarama ketchup.