- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups beef or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Rubarama (either works nicely in this recipe - you pick)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Add oil to pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft.
Add broth, water, tomatoes with juice, black beans, and pumpkin purée. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to low. Stir in cream, curry, cumin, Rubarama, and a pinch of salt. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds or sour cream. This can be made up to two days ahead and reheated.
Rubarama Pro Tip: Start with a pinch of salt, taste, and add more as needed. Sometimes the other ingredients contain added salt and will lessen your need for extra salt.