A go-to in the fall and winter, we make this after the pepper harvest and freeze it. This vegetarian favorite can go vegan, just skip the cream.
- 5 large red bell peppers, roasted and diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons No. 4 Rubarama
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 scallion, snipped into rounds
Roast the peppers and then peel, seed, and dice them. In a heavy sauce pot, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until they are translucent. Add in peppers, broth, and Rubarama and simmer for 10 minutes. Add potatoes, cover, and let simmer until potatoes are tender.
Purée with an immersion blender. Stir in cream and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with scallions. Makes 10 servings.
Optional: Add a dollop of our goat cheese spread just before serving and sprinkle scallion rings on top.
What we used: The Original No. 4 and an Immersion Blender