Love these muffins! I will often swap out pears for apples and vice versa. It just depends upon what fruits are on hand.
Put rack in center of oven, preheat to 425ºF. Use muffin liners or butter your muffin tins. Now, let's make the batter.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Jack's Way Rubarama
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (we used almond milk)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups pears or apples, peeled and chopped
Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, ground ginger, fresh ginger, and Jack's Way Rubarama.
In your mixing bowl on low speed, combine eggs, milk, and butter until blended. Add in the flour mixture, mix until moist. Add in 1 cup of the pears/apples, mindful not to overmix.
Fill muffin tins with batter, about 2/3 full. Add remaining chopped fruits to tops of batter. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
Cool on wire rack. Serve warm, or store at room temperature for a couple of dates. Will store in freezer for up to 6 weeks.