This is a great soup and can easily be vegan by skipping the butter. All versions taste great, but with a slightly different flavor profile.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, coined
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons of Rubarama
- 2 scallions, snipped into rounds
- Optional: 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked well, cooled, and crumbled.
Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan big enough to hold all ingredients. Add onions and sauté until clear. Add in carrots, celery, cauliflower, broth, and Rubarama and boil for 10-12 minutes, remove from heat, and blend until smooth with an immersion blender. Add half of the bacon and return soup to a slow simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Serve warm into bowls, garnish with bacon and scallions.